Time and time again speakers come to me and say, “I spent thousands of dollars to learn how to sell from the stage. Why aren’t I converting?”
I explain why in my video:
Why Most Speakers Struggle Selling From The Stage
- The majority of people coaching how to ‘speak to sell’ are business coaches. Not speaker coaches. Would you hire a life coach to help you with business strategy? These coaches figure that because they have had success at selling from the stage, that makes them qualified. While they do have some knowledge, they are not experts at content development (which is the KEY … keep reading).
- The tactics being taught are sales techniques and most speakers are uncomfortable delivering a canned script. Most speakers are focused on delivering a powerful message and making an large impact. They feel very inauthentic having to do blatant sales tactics that detract them from what they are saying.
- They have too much content. When a speaker gives the audience too much information, they get overwhelmed. Overwhelmed people feel confused and don’t buy. Or the audience feels like they got an amazing solution from all that content… and then don’t need you.
- Their content is too generic. Business coaches are not experts in content development. They can teach the sales piece but leave their clients with content that is watered down and ordinary which leaves the audience feeling ‘blah.’ Audiences are smarter these days and don’t fall for sales pitches.
The Key to Effectively Selling from the Stage is…
HOW you shape and deliver your content.
- Your content has to offer a fresh perspective. There are a million speakers who talk about money, wellness, business, life, etc. You can’t be saying the same thing. I can’t even tell you how many motivational speakers tell their audiences to write in a gratitude journal. Already been said. It won’t inspire your audience to see you as the authority in your industry so they won’t buy from you. You need to deliver content that speaks to the audience in real world terms, grabs their attention and gets them excited to dive in deeper.
- Your content needs to wake up your audience to a deeper problem you can solve. With your fresh perspectives, they will have a-ha’s about where they are at and where they need to go in order to achieve their dream or overcome their obstacle. With this insight, they will then have the motivation to buy from you.
- Your content has to be presented in the right order. You can’t just throw together the 3 main points you think they should know. It is important to think of the ‘shift’ you want them to have and then masterfully build your content in a way that leads them to it.
- It is essential to be a great storyteller. When you are, you captivate your audience and connect with them emotionally. They feel like you understand them… which makes them want to work with you.
If you know you have a powerful message that impacts others and want to be paid beautifully for it, let’s explore if we are a fit to work together.
Schedule in a complimentary 15 minute consultation with me by clicking here.