I was born ready to die. I had a 20 percent chance of living, heart failure, and structural damage on the left side of my body. Following my three heart surgeries, I was left with a lifetime of chronic pain and illness.
When I was fourteen the doctors said, “OK, we saved you but you’re going to need a fourth heart surgery and you’re going to be on medication for life. Don’t do anything more than general courses; don’t do anything more than walking.” I thought, “Don’t you mess with me. You have no idea who you’re dealing with!”
So, I got a university degree and then climbed into some active volcanoes, traveled to over 25 countries mostly on my own, and got knocked over by an ass while hiking up a cliff!
Along the way I moved to the United States (I was born in Canada) and received my green card as a person of extraordinary ability. I had to present a 500-page application to show my credentials in 10 carefully vetted categories to prove that I am the top one percent in my field of training, speaking and performing.
Surprise! Surprise! I’ve always had a big personality, been unconventional, and fought for the underdog so I’m not your typical elite presentation strategist!
When we work together, I may have you lying on a yoga mat to activate the nerves that will turn you into a client magnet, or doing my improv clapping exercise to get you out of your head and connecting with your clients. You may even find yourself talking gibberish because that will force you to show the right emotions (rather than relying on words) so that people understand what you’re trying to say.
The problem with robotic speaker training
To work with me you must have the courage to try new things, to be teachable, and to have some fun because I can’t give you anything canned or posed. That’s robotic speaker training and it makes you ashamed of who you are. You feel forced to be the “perfect” presenter. You feel like a liar.
You also have the mental stress of, ‘what happens if I get it wrong?’ You get so stuck in your head and afraid to veer off the rules that you stop listening and connecting with your client. You are also carrying anxiety and stress that pushes them away.
Speaker training at the elite level is about breaking the rules!
It’s about going:
- off script because you need to be able to respond to your listener in the moment
- off etiquette because you need to adapt to their style
- off perfection because your quirks and “faults” are usually where your brilliance lies!
When you are willing to go this deep, to be this present in who you are, and to really listen to your clients, you attract people who are so compelled by you that they take your lead-in sales, in the boardroom or from the stage.
My goal is to raise speaker training standards to this level because so many speaking coaches have learned a formula to teach speaking and presentation skills, but it’s robotic training, and it’s being taught by people with no real speaker qualifications. You deserve better.
After you work with me, you will make more money, you’ll be able to kick ass in your speech, and your team will follow through with ease, but the rest of your life will change too.
I’ve had people’s marriages improve and my female clients even attract men more easily!
I love my clients. I love seeing them find their power and a new depth to themselves and what they’re capable of because everyone deserves to be loved and honored for who they are.
My clients have such big vision and they’re sassy and they’re fun! They want to go out and make a bigger impact on the world. They’re meant to soar!
If you are too, let’s talk! Schedule a consultation HERE.
- 20 years in musical theater and comedy improv acting in Canada and the United States
- 10 years of opera training
- Honors BA in Music and Kinesiology (specialization in relaxation therapy), York University, Toronto, Canada
- Studied with Second City, Royal Conservatory of Music, Randolph Academy for the Performing Arts, and Livent of Canada.
- Featured in Inc. Magazine, Investment News and The National Post
- International TV host of Cindy Uncorked on E360tv and appearing on 186 million screens worldwide
- Received highest Call to Service Award from former US president Barack Obama
- Received Diamond Jubilee Medal from Queen Elizabeth II of England
- 20 years of keynote speaking, leading trainings and developing strategy for companies such as MetLife and Royal LePage, and the University of Toronto